Hulled, raw hemp seeds have greatly contributed to my weight loss because they reduce the cravings for unhealthy, processed foods like sugars, starches and trans fats. By providing all of the essential fatty acids, proteins and most vitamins and other nutrients necessary for promoting good health, hulled hemp seeds (Hemp HeartsTM) keep me feeling satisfied so I no longer desire refined starches and carbohydrates. I enjoy more long lasting energy and stamina so I can be much more active. Now I am more productive, much more energetic and less affected by stress. If I eat raw hulled hemp seeds every morning, I always experience abundant energy with no need to “pep up” with sweet foods, soft drinks or stimulants. Hemp seeds naturally balance blood sugars, so they help stabilize my hunger, mood and energy; and the omega oils improve bowel function and increase my feelings of fullness.
- Hemp seeds contain 37% healthy protein: 65% of this is called Globulin Edestin, which is easy to digest and utilize as the building blocks for our body structure. Globulin Edestin is classed as a type of plasma protein, which means it is very similar to human blood plasma. Our body uses immune-boosting pure Globulin Edestin to create the cells that it uses to recognize and fight infections, repair tissues, and carry nutrients. It is the highest concentration of this wonderful building material than in any other seed. 35% of hemp seed protein is Albumin, another soft, broad spectrum protein, which is also very easy to digest.
- Hemp seeds contain sufficient quantities of all 9 Essential Amino Acids which are the basis of protein in our bodies. Our bodies use amino acids from our food and reassemble them to make specific proteins according to what we need and what types of amino acids are available. When we have a good supply of these protein building amino acids, our muscles stay strong, and our body is able to react quickly and effectively to changes, pressures, injuries and infections. The amino acids in hemp seeds reduce heart disease and stroke; build muscle improving strength & endurance; balance blood sugar and brain chemistry; improve neurological & brain health as they serve as neurotransmitters and precursors; promote rapid healing; strengthen bones and detoxify the body. Hemp seeds are the most nutritious food sources on the planet.
- Hemp seeds contain healthy fats, which are balanced in the perfect ratio that the body needs. These are called Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs), the most important types being Omega 3, Omega 6 & Omega 9. They are found in every cell in our body. These 3 fatty acids are called ‘essential’ because they are vital to keep us alive and can only be obtained through the food we eat. The miraculous hemp seed is the only seed containing a very healthy, balanced ratio of EFA’s, requiring no additional foods to complete the balance. Hemp seeds contain 25% Omega-3 and 55% Omega-6, creating a heart healthy ratio of 1:2 (which is the ideal ratio according to medical professionals). Omega 9 is an especially rare yet important EFA, also referred to as Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA) which has powerful anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory properties effective in balancing out hormones (necessary to alleviate mood swings and PMS).
Anyone with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis or eczema would be greatly encouraged to add hemp seeds to their diet as soon as possible: people with these conditions need the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids found in hemp seed so that their bodies can properly respond to the illness by improving circulation, increasing tissue elasticity, getting oxygen and protein to more cells, and by decreasing joint inflammation. Again, people with these conditions should definitely cut out all refined starches/carbohydrates, sugars, and trans fats from their diets – replacing these filler foods with 8 – 12 heaping tablespoons of Hemp Hearts per day.
Raw hulled hemp seeds are the most nutritious food in the world because they are a rich source of phytonutrients (the healing elements of plants), which protect your immunity, bloodstream, tissues, cells, skin, organs and mitochondria. Hulled hemp seeds do not contain THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the active substance in marijuana. This Super-Food provides a broad spectrum of health benefits including: weight loss, increased and sustained energy, rapid recovery from disease or injury, lowered cholesterol and blood pressure, reduced inflammation, improvement in circulation and immune system as well as natural blood sugar control. Raw hulled hemp seed offers a superior balance of proteins, essential fats, vitamins and enzymes; and is much more balanced & digestible than soy or whey products.
Raw hulled hemp seeds contain Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, D, E (alpha-, beta-, gamma-, delta-tocopherol & alpha tocotrienol), Lecithin (choline & inositol) & Chlorophyll. They contain Essential Minerals: phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sulphur, calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, sodium, silicon, copper, platinum, boron, nickel, germanium, tin, iodine, chromium, silver and lithium; and supply an abundance of life force energy & enzymes. An adult dose of 55 to 75 grams per day is very low in cholesterol and sodium, but is a great source of zinc, phosphorus, magnesium and iron – important for bone health, oxygen delivery and immune health.
Hulled hemp seeds are the only plant food that contains all 9 of the essential amino acids (20 in total) and 9 essential fatty acids (in the perfect ratio) – all in an easily digestible form! It meets so many of our nutritional needs, I believe it is the best nutrient source food to build and maintain health.
These embryonic seeds are unique with enough proteins to provide all the essential amino acids to form the globular proteins that form the building blocks to life and immunity. 65% of it is globulin edistin, making it the highest source in the plant kingdom. Edistins are plant globulins and all enzymes, antibodies, many hormones, hemoglobin and fibrogin are also globular proteins, and necessary for life. Albumin, globulin and fibrogin (plasma proteins) serve as a reservoir of rapidly available amino acids should any body tissues be in need, and they are responsible for both the natural and acquired immunity a person has against invading organisms. They neutralize alien microorganisms and toxins.
Since hemp seed protein is 65% globulin edistin, and 35% albumin, it gives the body all the essential amino acids required to maintain health, and provide the necessary kinds and amounts of amino acids the body needs to make human serum albumin and serum globulins like the immune enhancing gamma globulins. Eating hemp seeds is known to heal people suffering from immune deficiency diseases. When we have a good supply of these protein building amino acids, our muscles stay strong, and our body is able to react quickly and effectively to changes, pressures, injuries and infections. Hemp seeds reduce heart disease and stroke; build muscle improving strength & endurance; balance blood sugar and brain chemistry; improve neurological & brain health as they serve as neurotransmitters and precursors; promote rapid healing; strengthen bones and detoxify the body. Hemp seeds are the most nutritious food sources on the planet!
Hemp seed oil comprises 35% of the total seed weight. This oil has the lowest amount of saturated fatty acids (8%), and the highest amount of the polyunsaturated essential fatty acids (80%). Hemp seeds are the highest botanical source of essential fatty acids, with more essential fatty acid than flax or any other nut or seed oil, and provide the perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 Linoleic Acid and Omega-3 Linolenic Acid – for cardiovascular health and general strengthening of the immune system. This perfect ratio & ideal balance of essential fatty acids omega 3, 6 & 9 provide several times more omega 3 than any fish, and promote heart health, lower triglycerides, work to reduce inflammation, promote brain health, and support the immune system. Omega 9 is an especially rare yet important EFA, also referred to as Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA) which has powerful anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory properties effective in balancing out hormones (necessary to alleviate mood swings and PMS). Low in carbohydrates, hemp seeds are ideal for those following the paleo diet or who are carb conscious for their health.
Essential fatty acids (EFAs) cannot be made by the human body and must be obtained through the diet. They are necessary to produce life energy from food and move that energy throughout the body. EFAs govern growth, vitality and state of mind, and are necessary in the most active energy and electron exchanging and oxygen requiring tissues; especially the brain, retina, inner ear, adrenal and testicular tissues. They carry the high energy required by the most active tissues, and ensure very high oxygen availability to them. Life force travels through the body via the essential fatty acids and their derivatives.
- Hemp HeartsTM, Hemp Hearts (REDUCED FAT) FlakesTM and Hemp Hearts (REDUCED FAT) PowderTM are delicious, gluten free, raw and vegan. Add Hemp Hearts to pretty much everything you eat: add the Hemp Hearts Powder to soups, stews, and smoothies; and add Hemp Hearts Flakes to your breakfast cereal, salads and desserts.
- 5 heaping tablespoons of Hemp Hearts with raw fruits and vegetables makes a great breakfast, giving your body a healthy start. Try adding it to your smoothies or cereal. No matter what you add it to, it will give you 17 grams of protein and many times more omega fat than in any serving of fish.
- Sprinkle Hemp Hearts onto your salads, soups, stews, and casseroles. They taste great!
- Add Hemp Hearts to your favourite gluten-free or organic grain cookie recipes, or use as a topping for other healthy snacks or deserts.
For detailed and well researched information on the benefits of eating hemp seeds read two articles by Lynn Osborn: HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD: Part One //www.ratical.org/renewables/hempseed1.html or click here.
And HEMP SEED OILS AND THE FLOW OF LIFE FORCE: Part Two //www.ratical.org/renewables/hempseed2.html or click here.
Hemp HeartsTM, Hemp Hearts (REDUCED FAT) FlakesTM and Hemp Hearts (REDUCED FAT) PowderTM are each available in full cases as 9 x 454 g (one pound) tubs per case. Tubs of Flakes or Powder can be shipped in mixed cases with tubs of Hemp HeartsTM. Or 7 tubs can be shipped with up to 2 bottles of hemp cooking/salad oil. You can save many times the cost of groceries because these products truly satisfy hunger, and reduce food-cravings — while restoring your health and increasing your productivity. Once you try them, these foods will remain favourites because of their taste, texture and the manner in which they satisfy hunger.
Although hemp seeds are no longer available for sale at my SHOP – they are readily available at most health food stores and whole foods markets.